All leaders in Boy Scout Troops need trained, for the safety of the Scouts. Some of the required training courses needed are Youth Protection, Risk Zone, and Hazardous Weather Training.
Fortunately, these courses can be done online in the comfort of your own home.
All you have to do is go to www.myscouting.org.
You will have to sign up for MyScouting to be able to complete the online training courses, but signing up is simple. Most of signing up is self-explanatory, but we’ll run you through it anyway.
1. First, select a username for the site.
2. Next, select “I am a member” to show that you are a member of the Boy Scouts of America. Click the drop down menu and select “Greater Pittsburgh Council – Pittsburgh,PA – #527”, then type your Member Number, found on your membership card.
3. Enter your information in the spaces provided, select whether you would like to receive emails from MyScouting, read the terms and conditions, type the letters and numbers shown on the verification image, then press “Create User.”
4. Select and answer your security questions.
5. You will now have to sign in to your email account and click the link from “MyScouting Web Administrator” to activate your account.
6. After you click the link, type your password and confirm it by typing it again. Your password cannot be longer than 12 characters, or it will say “invalid password.”
And that’s it! You are now ready to begin training. Sign in with your username and password and you will be directed to the home page of MyScouting.
Once there, you will be able to click “Training” on the left-hand side of the page, and complete your training courses online.
Once you are done with a course, simply print off your certificate training card, and you’re done!
If you have any further questions, please see the Scoutmaster at our weekly Troop meetings, or email the webmaster.
REMEMBER: THE WEBSITE IS www.myscouting.org